Gamification typically involves applying game design thinking into non-game applications to make them more fun and engaging . Gamification can be applied to any industry. But what if the process of gamification be applied to a gaming educational institution converting all gamers into students of gaming and being the scientists of their gaming traits
What makes Gaming Schools Better ?
” People Start Playing Games and through no fault on their own get addicted if a person doesnt have a sense of achievement in their life it is easy to lose themselves in the virtual world where they can get false sense of accomplishment. ”
But what if these false sense of accomplishment is brought into reality by making the space and the break down gaming into a form of an educational discourse. The process of gamifying your everyday networking has already started without the self proclaimed knowledge of a person. We are Already started to play the games for example
“63 percent of respondents agreed that making everyday activities more like a game would make them more fun and rewarding. More than half said that if a layer of competition were added to their everyday routine, they’d keep a closer watch on their behavior and activities”
Gamifying : Benefits+Problems Benefits
● Make it more engaging.
● Motivate players to complete quests.
● Help players focus and be more attentive to what they are learning.
● Spontaneity and Multitasking
● Allowing players to engage in friendly competitions with peers.
● Finding and Adopting team players who could be coherent in thinking and adopt the same style and stratergy
●Finding peers with “different roles” who could fit a team of 5 people. So team building also occurs. The roles are [Official Roles]
●The thinking of these five people must be exactly in the same way like how they are mentally bonded ( PACIFIC RIM : Giant Robot human Pilots ) so creating a chemistry link between the players based on their game-play and genre of thinking .
● Gamification can become become predictable and boring.
● Poorly designed gamified activities can seem meaningless (if learning objectives are not well defined).
● Gamification can seem manipulative (ethical questions arise).
– JWT Intelligence ( Jan 14, 2011 )
So education Becomes the Activity here. And accomplishments becomes the reward. This together combined is the art of learning gaming, herein to blend the genre of education of Gaming ( DOTA ) to foresee and train for inventing new meta in the game.